Friday 28 September 2012

Walking the walk

  "Duck Pond" © 2005 Zemlinki Creative Commons license
We have a lovely park close to us in London and as I'm a mum with a toddler we spend lots of time there - at the playground, feeding the ducks and right now collecting conkers. 

But when I'm working I find myself not getting there.  It's a shame because I love seeing the trees change throughout the year, listening to the escaped parakeets screeching importantly and watching everyone who is out there enjoying themselves.

It's a shame and it's daft because the nursery drop off is just as quick if we walk through the park as if we go on the bus.  And although the bus can be fun it doesn't help me relax.

And that's what's wonderful about walking - it's just so relaxing!  It doesn't matter if it's a gentle stroll or something brisker the stress drops out of my shoulders and my mind clears.

So I've decided - I don't care if it's raining - I am going to enjoy a brisk constitutional in the park every day.

What about you? Do you have a park nearby or somewhere you enjoy going for a stroll?

Note to self: Wind down with a walk

Did you know? Walking can reduce your risk of cancer, heart disease, stroke and diabetes. 

You may also enjoy reading:
A little bit of sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment