Friday 5 October 2012

A bit nutty!

© 2004 S58Y Creative Commons license

I often notice articles that say different nuts are good for your hair and your skin and all sorts of other things.  

The only problem is that I can never remember what's meant to be good for what.  So I've done a bit of research and discovered the following 5 brilliant benefits of nuts



  • brazil nuts, walnuts, cashews, pecans and almonds are great for strong, shiny hair 
  • peanuts, pumpkin seeds, pecans, brazil nuts and cashews can give you clear skin and reduce wrinkles
  • walnuts, almonds and hazel nuts can help you feel happier
  • sunflower seeds, almonds and walnuts can make you feel full for longer 
  • pistachios, almonds, hazel nuts and walnuts can give you healthier joints 

Wow!

Now I am inspired to work out how I can eat more.

What's your favourite way to eat nuts?

Note to self: Nibble nuts for healthy hair, skin & joints
Did you know? Almonds, hazelnuts, peanuts, pecans, pistachios and walnuts are a source of good cholesterol that helps reduce heart disease.  Brazil nuts, walnuts and cashews can help relieve arthritis symptoms.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for following my blog:
    www.mommywithra.blogspot.com

    Your blog is beautiful and I'm looking to follow you back but can't find the button. I'm following you on twitter though - Follow back @mommyluk

    Look forward to reading more of your updates on health and healing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo - thanks for the comment, really appreciated. Just getting started but already finding it so useful in helping me think through what works for both my own conditions and the wider family. I'll try and sort out the follow button right now!

      Delete
  2. Walnuts are my favorite, next are almonds and love pistachios as well! I have been eating nuts for years :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's your favourite way to eat them - just plain or to put them in stuff. I love walnuts with pears & cheese and almonds in cake! Pistachios always bring back memories of sitting in Singapore cracking buckets and buckets of them.

      Delete
  3. I put nuts in a ton of stuff, yogurt, bread, cereal, salad and as butters on toast and apples and in protein shakes. Good read :)Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, nuts are good for you but one has to know which has what. Here in Sicily we have lots of almonds and pistachios. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete