Wednesday 26 September 2012

Tastes like chocolate ...

I love berries of all sorts. Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, gooseberries, bilberries.  If it's a berry, I'll have it.

© 2012 A Thompson Creative Commons license 
The problem is they don't last.  It's so frustrating when for some reason you don't get round to eating that punnet of raspberries right away and go to the fridge only to find they've already got mould on them.

But now I've discovered that frozen berries are just as delicious.  They don't taste the same as when you eat them juice spurting fresh but they are still yummy.  Lovely dense drops of chocolatey textured sweetness.

So now as soon as I realise I am not going to eat berries on the day I bought them I bung them in the freezer to be savoured on another day.

How do you like to eat berries? Which are your favourite? Have you tried them frozen? Or do you like them tinned?

Note to self
Bung the berries in the freezer if you're not going to eat them.

Did you know?
Berries are full of fibre and anti-oxidants which can help to ease cholesterol, blood pressure, fybromyalgia and arthritis.

If you're a fruit fan you might also like these posts:

My favourite fruit

No comments:

Post a Comment