Friday 28 September 2012

Full of flavour ...

I really like flavour to my food and I am a big garlic fan.

How about you? Can you take as it comes or do you like to add a bit of a kick to your food?


    "Garlic #1" © 2011 K Rawlings Creative Commons license 
Garlic is great but it can seem like a bit of a faff can't it?  All that peeling and crushing.  Sometimes I just can't be bothered.

So now I cheat and buy it ready crushed.  Brilliant, I can add it easily to anything I like.  Including stuff I put salt on before, even though I preferred it garlicky.


And fabulously garlic freezes really well.  I either just put the ready crushed in the freezer or if I'm being a bit less lazy peel and crush a whole lot in one go and pop it in the freezer.

What other flavours do you like to spice up your food with?


Note to self: Garlic is just as easy as salt and much tastier!


Did you know? The thing in garlic that makes it stinky - allicin - relaxes your blood vessels which makes it easier for your heart to pump blood around your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment