Friday 28 September 2012

Water water everywhere

And not a drop to drink!

How does it happen? There really is water water everywhere but I often end up thirsty.  And you really want to stay out of my way when I'm thirsty - I am tired, I can't concentrate on anything and I am so grumpy!


“Glass of Running Water” © 2010 elitatt  Creative Commons Licence
I know some people are not big fans of plain water but I don't even have that excuse.  I like it, nice and cold from the tap either just as it comes or in a great glass of squash.  But I still don't remember to drink it. 

And then I get thirsty.  And then I get grumpy.  And then I want a nap or a fizzy drink or a cup of coffee but none of them actually make me feel better.  The only thing that really does the trick is nice cold water drunk regularly throughout the day so I never get thirsty.

Now I've got a big plastic jug for home that I fill up first thing with either water or squash.  I don't know why it works but somehow it does - I remember to keep filling my glass from the jug.  It would be just as easy to fill from the tap but for some reason the jug reminds me to have a drink when the tap doesn't.

I've also cadged a plastic beaker from my daughter that I can fill up for when I am out and about as if I can help it, I just refuse to fork out for the bottled stuff.

Do you like water? Flat or fizzy? Over a load of ice? With squash or a splash of juice or a twist of lemon? Are you grumpy like me when you're thirsty?

Note to self: Fill up the water jug in the morning and don't leave home without a beaker of water.

Did you know? Water helps your body get rid of the bad cholesterol that contributes to heart disease.  It can also help to reduce the risk of bowel cancer, regulate blood sugar in diabetics and symptoms of IBS such as constipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment