Thursday 4 October 2012

Yet more flavour ...

Copyright Adam Brown 2010 Creative Commons

I love to jazz up a meal with some easily added garlic

But I've also discovered a whole load of other tasty ways to add a real kick to even a quick and simple meal.

Sometimes I have fresh ingredients to hand  but usually I just reach to the store cupboard - dried herbs and bottled lemon or lime juice taste just as good!


  • Chilli flakes
  • Lemon or lime juice
  • Vinegar 
  • Mint or parsley
  • Black pepper
  • Coriander or fennel seeds
  • Onion powder
  • Thyme or sage
  • Cayenne pepper
  • Basil or oregano



What are your favourite flavours?

Note to self: Keep your favourite flavours to hand so you can add them to whatever your eating.

 Did you know? Too much salt in your diet causes the body to retain too much fluid which puts pressure on your blood vessels.  Excess salt may also contribute to liver and kidney disease.

5 comments:

  1. Stopping by from chef in training's party! Love this! I try not to cook with any salt at all and I use these all the time, especially onion powder. I find garlic powder adds a lot too! And lemon/lime juice always brightens everything up =) great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are heavy salt user. Yeah It is time to cut down on salt. I'll try to do your advice above. Found you from overflowing with creativity.

    I am pinning this. I would like to invite you to join Pin It Monday Hop Where you pin and get pinned. Followed you via Twitter, Pinterest and added you to Feedly. If you get a chance, I'd love for you to stop by and join us. I hope to see you, Alice.
    Judy
    http://www.pursuitoffunctionalhome.com/
    http://www.kusinaniinday.blogspot.com/


    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great flavorful tips! Thanks so much for linking up at Project Inspire{d} ~ have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas! I would love to have you share this on Wildcrafting Wednesday!
    http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/03/wildcrafting-wednesday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips! Thanks for partying with us at Time To Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete